- Purpose of data collection and use We collect your data to provide you with secure, efficient and user-friendly online services. As Viking Folk, located in the United States, we collect personal data when you visit the “Shopping Cart” area of our website. We use this personal data to provide information to interested users and to improve our services.
- Form and scope of personal data collection and processing a) Newsletter If you wish to receive our newsletter, we need to store and use your e-mail address. We will send you e-mails periodically to the address provided, which may contain specific product and service advertisements as well as editorial information. However, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
b) Contract In addition, we will use the personal data you provided to us to enter into and perform contractual agreements that you enter into in our online store. This may include the use of your name and/or email address to create digital watermarks on digital content you have purchased from our online store. We reserve the right to use other marking methods if misuse is detected. We will explicitly inform you about the marking of a product in the corresponding description. Content without any mention of identifying marks will not be marked with personal data.
c) Website usage analysis We use third-party tools to create usage profiles, anonymously or under a pseudonym, when you visit our website as a registered or unregistered user. This involves collecting and storing data for statistical, marketing and optimization purposes. The data includes information about the website from which you accessed our offer, information about your Internet service provider, the offers you viewed on our website, as well as the date and duration of your visit. Based on this data, a usage profile will be created together with a corresponding pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this purpose.
d) Log files Our web server generally does not store information when people visit our website. Only certain data is stored in so-called log files in case of errors, technical problems or actions performed by visitors. These log files contain the date and time when the error or event (e.g. click) occurred. We also store IP addresses of website visitors for security purposes, so that we can identify, investigate and stop any misuse of our portal.
Disclosure of data to third parties We generally only disclose personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- When it is necessary for the execution of the contracts we have with you.
- If you have given your express consent.
- If we are required to do so by law or court order.
- If requested by government agencies, including law enforcement authorities, to the extent necessary to ensure public safety and prosecute crimes.
- Disclosure, rectification, deletion and account freezing You have the right to obtain confirmation and disclosure of the personal data we hold about you at any time. You may send written requests to our postal address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you have the right to correct, block or delete your personal data if the relevant legal conditions are met. If we have stored incorrect information about you, please let us know and we will correct it immediately. To make corrections, please contact us at the above postal or e-mail address. Personal data will be deleted if its collection or processing was unlawful, if its processing or use becomes unlawful due to subsequent circumstances or if we no longer need to know that data to fulfill the purpose of its processing or use. Excluded from deletion, however, is data that is necessary to complete outstanding tasks or to assert our rights and claims, as well as data that we are obliged to retain by law. These data will, however, be blocked.
Security We employ technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against loss, incorrect modification and unauthorized access by third parties. Only authorized persons have access to your personal data and only to the extent necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.